For non-London readers, PotU is an initiative which has been running for a dozen years or so now, providing poems and other lines of verse in ad spaces within tube carriages for bored commuters to read on their way to/from work.sted in the usual ad slots, usually above the doors.These are being altered and replaced with alternative poemsRead about it here. Very good
Archive for March, 2003
I found this on flashmagazine. I had missed this but the hidden games in Flash MX can be found in the About Flash popup available from the Help menu. Double Click the exact middle of the “crotch” of the X in MX (like on image) and 6 hidden games will be revealed. It can be a bit hard to find the exact pixel that you have to click, so try a bit before giving up. You must be online.The games range from very simple to classic entertainment. Great time-wasters if you have some time to spare.What fun.
Kevin Sites is a CNN correspondent, often working as a one man unit, using portable, digital technology to report, write, edit and transmit his stories from conflict areas around the world. He has reported from war zones in Latin America, Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Central Asia.Using audblog and his somewhat more reliable satellite phone connection to speak his blog posts, Kevin’s able to share these quick, immediate first-hand reflections of what it’s like to be a reporter covering the apparently imminent conflictYou can view the blog here at whomwah as well via my aggregator
These were the guys pre-requisites.The basic idea was to place a complete computer inside a toy/model of the
Millenium Falcon. He had several items that he decided he must
- All components had to fit inside… all peripherials had to plug into the outside of the toy/model just like a real computer.
- The basic toy/model had to be painted acurately, within reason. This meant researching the models used in the movies and making a “best guess” as to the colors and spacing of some parts.
- The system must have a unique power light. This was accomplished via a special LED that flashes and fades through all the primary colors of light (red, green, and blue in a single LED)
- Through one of the “holes” in the hull, you must be able to see the inner workings of a real hard drive, preferably accented with blue electrical “sparks” when there was drive activity.
- It had to have hard drive activity lights placed into the front
“headlights” of the Falcon. Working engine lights… need I say more?
- It had to have adaquate cooling…
For over 15 years, Craig Kelly has left an indelible mark on the sport of snowboarding. Craig’s career recently evolved into backcountry guiding where he was based primarily in British Columbia. Over the weekend, Craig was guiding a group of skiers and riders in the Revelstoke area of British Columbia. The group was caught in an avalanche. Tragically, Craig Kelly and six others did not survive. Craig’s contribution to the sport of snowboarding will go unsurpassed–he was crowned World Champion four times and was the three-time U.S. Open Champion. The mountains are where Craig was the happiest, and he always approached the backcountry with great caution and respect.He will be sadly missed.